Cooperating Association of Petrified Forest National Park
- Promoting interpretive and education programs
- Promoting scientific research and resource understanding
- Producing park-specific publications and materials
- Preparing the park for future generations
- Become a valued member today! >>
Become an annual member of our association and receive the following membership benefits:
- 15% discount at all Petrified Forest Museum Association (PFMA) bookstores. If you are a current member of PFMA or another qualifying association, contact us for your discount code to shop our online store.
- Special member pricing for Petrified Forest Field Institute classes and guided hiking tours.
- Your membership card also entitles you to discounts of at least 10% at other association bookstores operated in national parks and monuments across the country
- Invitations to Petrified Forest Museum Association special events such as author book signings, lectures, field workshops, and special promotions.
- Free newsletter periodically distributed to members
Generous and valuable support provided through memberships increase our ability to fund interpretive, educational and research activities and programs, as well as publications and materials that otherwise wouldn’t be available or possible.
Each level below adds to the previous one by providing the additional valuable services and supplies shown.
Prairie Dog Project Reintroduction Video
- Individual – $35
- Funds from the Individual Membership allow us to educate the public about the Prairie Dog Project. The park’s goal of managing a healthy prairie dog population will ultimately help reintroduce the endangered black-footed ferret into Petrified Forest National Park. This includes publishing brochures, pamphlets, and flash drives with videos of the project used for educational purposes. The YouTube video above shows prairie dogs being released into the park from one of the reintroduction phases!
- Family – $50
- In addition to the above education efforts, the Family Membership provides funds that help pay for food for translocated prairie dogs waiting to move to their new location. They generally need to be fed for at least two weeks.
- Contributing – $100
- The Contributing Membership provides all of the above as well as the purchase of more food. In addition, it provides funding for Delta Dust which prevents plague in prairie dogs. Nearly an entire colony can be wiped out by plague, which is carried by fleas.
- Steward – $250
- The Steward Membership continues with the above benefits and adds funding for vaccines to all active prairie dog colonies. Prairie dogs are individually vaccinated against sylvatic plague, which can kill virtually all the prairie dogs on entire colonies of the ground-dwelling animals.
- Patron – $1000
- The Patron Membership helps with funding for translocating individual coteries (family units) of prairie dogs, insuring familial groups stay together in their move to a new place.
- Benefactor – $5000
- The Benefactor Membership provides funding for Park personnel to create artificial burrows for translocating prairie dogs to survivable locations. These can be strategically placed in areas that allow the prairie dogs to expand their range. As colonies expand, other prairie dogs can be introduced to maintain healthy and diverse bloodlines.
Donations may be made in any amount desired to support our programs and efforts, with or without signing up for a membership and can be made at any time and are greatly appreciated. A letter of receipt will be sent to verify receipt of your tax-deductible donation for tax purposes.
Petrified Forest Museum Association
PO Box 2277
Petrified Forest, AZ 86028